Copyediting As Collaboration
My one-on-one approach helps you clarify content and enhance what you want to say.
- Mix and match services to fit the needs of your project, and prices are adjusted accordingly.
- Minimum project size—2,000 words.
FREE CONSULTATIONS: Projects are priced after consultations and manuscript reviews, and every consultation is FREE.
ONGOING DISCOUNTS: 10% for military (active/retired), non-profit organizations, and senior citizens (55+)
ONE-TIME DISCOUNT: 10% to clients for customer referrals that result in a paid jobs.
PAYMENTS: PayPal Invoicing
BASIC TEXT PROOFREADING
— correcting the mechanics of the language; comments not included
- Basic Text Proofreading tasks
- correcting and flagging awkward syntax and word choices that confuse the meaning and flow of the content
- general comments
- Basic Text Proofreading and Light Copyediting tasks, and
- detailed comments, queries, and revision suggestions for clarity concerning
- awkward word choice, syntax structures,
- effectiveness of paragraph placement
- thematic development
- overall flow of the content
— Also Includes LINE EDITING:
— emphasis on the creative side of writing and grammar use
- rhetorical twists of phrase and how they affect the meaning in the content
- consistency in writer’s craft and style and message
- grammar use and how affects meaning and communicates author’s intent/message
- overall clarity in language use and communication
- Basic Text Proofreading, Light Copyediting, and Medium Copyediting
- some rewriting and revision
- moving, rearranging, and deleting large sections of text
- adding sections of original writing to document beyond revision suggestions
May include format edits
- in-depth research
- titles, headings, and sub-headings
- image, chart and graph placement and resizing
- Style Guide Choices: Chicago, AP, APA, MLA
- footnotes and endnotes
- table of contents (TOC)
- chapter number placement