PART BY PART, I help you break down your project to analyze, evaluate, and determine which structures and features best make your work shine.
From CONCEPT TO CONSTRUCTION, I help you synthesize and focus your colorful ideas into a few structures for experimentation and exploration.
- Mix and match services to fit the needs of your project, and prices are adjusted accordingly.
- Minimum project size—2,000 words.
FREE CONSULTATIONS: Projects are priced after consultations and manuscript reviews, and every consultation is FREE.
ONGOING DISCOUNTS: 10% for military (active/retired), non-profit organizations, and senior citizens (55+)
ONE-TIME DISCOUNT: 10% to clients for customer referrals that result in a paid jobs.
PAYMENTS: PayPal Invoicing
DEVELOPMENTAL EDITING SERVICES:
- happen before, are separate from, but include some basic proofreading or general copyediting
- often include a detailed structural analysis of all working parts in the story
- apply content edits that break down parts, chapters, headings, etc.
- eliminate and help writers avoid repetition chapter to chapter
- spot related concepts and help writers devise a logical narrative flow
- monitor consistency in the thematic development of ideas and elements throughout the work
- examine and develop coherent content in the story structure and organization of topics
- focus on the writer’s craft blocking the story line, interrupting the pacing, and slowing or stopping the development of ideas
- analyze character/characterization, plot, conflict, climax, resolution, backstory, theme development
- synthesize a mix of ideas and media, and arrange them into a work that fits the author’s purpose
- include comments on overall impressions in each section for what is working and what needs clarification
- suggest additions to content and provide detailed revision suggestions
- can include placement and rearranging of parts, and deletions and revisions of sections
- sometimes cross over into Ghostwriting